The other day I took Alyce and Preston into the bathroom to do our regular teeth brushing. Preston is easy going and lets me brush for him with no complaint. But his fireball sister ... has a different idea almost everyday of what she is willing to let me help her with.
Usually the best compromise we come up with is "Alyce gets to do it - and then Mommy gets to do it" I will repeat this sentence to her several times just to make sure she knows, and then we can usually avoid a fight ... but lately she has become sneakily creative in what she thinks would be more fun than just the blue toothpaste I give her.
So I let her brush - I left for a minute, when I returned I said, "ok Mommy's turn". She looked guilty of something but I could see nothing obvious, she had rinsed the toothbrush already, and just handed it to me.
Here is the best part, I laughed so hard I cried -
I told her to put her teeth together in a smile so I could get the fronts, then with her "clean and clear" toothbrush I started vigorously scrubbing back and forth ... and suprisingly her teeth began rapidly filling with white foam, I looked at her as her eyes got - Really BIG - then in a furious effort she tried to spit like crazy without actually opening her mouth, for fear that more stuff would get on her tongue. I hurried and helped her rinse and then said, ALYCE! What is on this? Did you put pump soap on there? She wanted to lie, I could see it - but she didn't dare. Her head that started shaking No, became a quick tearful head bobbing Yes....
I burst out laughing!
And now she knows - Mother knows best :)
AWWWW poor girl!!! That is waaayyyyyy too funny though. Way to go karma ;)
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! that's so gross! I swear Shealyn...you have the CUTEST kids EVER!
ReplyDelete